JEMA's new headquarters is a renovation of the "Last House" located at 2823 Olive Street. The original residence was built in 1874 and features 6 marble fireplaces, 13' high ceilings on the first and second floors and 2 second floor covered porches.
The 7,025 sq. ft., 3 story structure will house space for 35 architects and designers.
The building will have 3 conference rooms, a large library/collaboration space, a work cafe, a wood and steel workshop, a fitness room, and a large outdoor terrace facing Olive Street. A 27' high atrium will be cut into the existing house creating an open and dynamic space.
Raw untreated steel plate will be part of the exterior palette.