Support Dogs, Inc. celebrated their Grand Opening last night with a ribbon-cutting party. Over 500 people attended the celebration as one of the support dogs pulled the ribbon open, officially inaugurating the new 25,000 sq. ft. facility located in St. Louis, MO.
Support Dogs, Inc. is a national not-for-profit organization providing highly skilled service dogs to individuals with disabilities and uniquely trained therapy teams in the community, offering dignity, hope, and independence to those they serve.
Support Dogs is a fixture in the St. Louis community for many, and JEMA is proud to be their partner. There is no precedent for a facility of this type. The building is a hybrid that brings under one roof several inter-dependent and independent functions including:
- state-of-the-art dog kennels with self-watering taps located in a fully conditioned space with daylighting
- indoor play area for the dogs
- venue space for 200 people
- training rooms for up to 150 people
- administrative offices including a board room
- trainer and volunteer staff offices
- veterinarian clinic including an isolation unit
- an outdoor area that includes separated play areas and shaded outdoor kennels
The project represents a major achievement for Support Dogs, Inc. and for the entire support dog community. Congratulations to Support Dogs!!