JEMA's design for Northeast Ambulance and Fire Protection District's new Fire Headquarters has been approved by the District's Board. The new 31,000 sq. ft. facility is located on Natural Bridge in North St. Louis County. The project is a Mission Critical facility that features several unique components:
- 5 Apparatus Bays that are drive-through and can accommodate back-to-back Pumpers.
- A 1000 sq. ft. multi-purpose room that acts as a Community Gathering space, Training Room as well as an Emergency Operations Center for the district.
- A Natural Disaster Safe Haven located in the Lower Level. The Safe Haven can accommodate up to 150 people.
- A full building dual-fuel Emergency Generator that is protected by a reinforced concrete shell.
- Day-lighting design: The apparatus bay features a 4' tall North and South glass clerestory which provides an abundance of sunlight reducing the facility's overall energy consumption.
- 12 Sleeping suites with in-suite storage and bathrooms.
- A 1,700 sq. ft. fitness center.